Now That You’ve Received Your Grant
After you’ve been approved for a donation, you will receive a “Welcome To NetSuite!” email from NetSuite. Once you have this email, you can log in to your NetSuite account and start configuring it. The simple way to access the NetSuite login is simply to go to NetSuite.com using any browser, click the Login link in the upper right corner, and log in with the credentials provided.
Setting Up Security Questions
The first time you log in to NetSuite, you are prompted to answer three security questions. These answers are used to verify your identity if you forget your password or if you log in from a new browser or a new computer. Security questions help to maintain application security by preventing unauthorized use of your NetSuite user credentials.
If you are in a hurry, you can click the Remind Me Later button to dismiss this prompt and log in to NetSuite immediately. However, the next time you log in to NetSuite, you will be prompted again to set up these questions. You can only dismiss this prompt a maximum of 5 times.
When you save your security questions and answers, a confirmation popup is displayed. Also, an email is sent to the email address you used to log in to notify you of the setup. You may change your security questions and answers at a later time.
Security questions and answers are shared across all NetSuite accounts that you can access, including sandbox accounts.
Requirements for Security Answers
If any of these requirements is not met, you will receive an error when you attempt to save security answers.
- You must answer all three questions.
- Each answer must be unique.
- Each answer must be at least three characters long.
- You cannot use your email address or password as an answer.
Note: Answers are not case-sensitive
If You Forget Your Security Questions and Answers
Since you will not be prompted to respond to the security questions you set up very often, you may occasionally forget your questions or the answers you provided. The easiest way to handle this is while you are logged in to NetSuite. Click the Update Security Questions link on the Settings portlet. Select new questions, or provide answers to your existing questions. Search NetSuite Help for “Updating Security Questions” for details.
If you are prompted to answer a security question but cannot remember your answer, you may need to ask your account administrator (or NetSuite Support) to reset your password.
If an account administrator (or NetSuite Support) resets your password, it erases your previously-saved security questions and you must set up these questions and answers again. If you reset your own password, the existing security questions and answers are maintained.
Setting Up Authorized Contacts
For access to technical support via creating a support case on SuiteAnswers, you first need to designate your Authorized Contacts.
- Login to your NetSuite account, then click the Support tab.
- Under NetSuite Account Center portlet, click the NetSuite Account Center link. If this link is not available, see Accessing the NetSuite Account Center.
- Under Customer Center – Home Links portlet, click Authorized Contacts.
- Click New Authorized Contact.
- Fill-out the form and mark the Authorized checkbox to make the contact one of the authorized contacts for NetSuite Support. Limit for the number of authorized contacts can also be seen under Other Details. Note: Please use the same email address you login to your NetSuite account in your Authorized Contact record.
- Click Save.
To remove authorization for contacts, follow the same steps above, except that the "Authorized" checkbox should be unchecked.
See more info: Managing Authorized Contacts.